Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

"Picture This"


On my routine walking around town I came across the Chester Beatty Library, (http://www.cbl.ie/)
I have been visiting the library every opportunity I get. 

They have a number of collection that is permanent to the public view and one in particular got my attention.

The Paintings that express the French-Arabic world during the 1900s. 

These selection of thirty paintings that once belonged to Chester Beatty. 

The paintings are among some ninety works presented by Beatty to the Irish nation in 1950, shortly after his move to Ireland from London. 
Some of which caught my attention was Caravan on the Nile The Gulf of Aqaba by Jean Léon Gérôme, c. 1897 and Falcon Hunt (Algeria Remembered) by Eugéne Fromentin, 1874, I was very glad to see those and  got a warm feeling of freedom after.
The Paintings will remain at the Library until August 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment